Best Australian Documentary at Sydney Film Festival
Documentary Australia Foundation is proud to support the Award for Best Australian Documentary at Sydney Film Festival.
Since 2015 – Documentary Australia has supported this prestigious award, which acknowledges excellence in documentary production and is open to films of any length.
Films are assessed by an independent jury and the winning film is presented with a $10,000 cash prize during the closing night of the awards.
Each year – this award recognises the incredible artistry and tenacity of independent filmmakers who devote years of their lives to capture and share the most important stories across Australia and the World.
Documentary Australia Foundation Award for Best Australia Documentary recipients:
– 2020 winner – Descent, by Nays Baghai
– 2019 winner – She Who Must Be Loved, by Erica Glynn
– 2018 winner – Ghosthunter, by Ben Lawrence
– 2017 winner – The Pink House, by Sascha Ettinger Epstein and Claire Haywood.
– 2016 winner – Shadow of the Hill, by Dan Jackson.
– 2015 winner – Only the Dead, by Michael Ware and two-time Oscar winner Bill Guttentag
See the full list of finalists below:
|2021 Award Finalists||2020 Award Finalists|
|2019 Award Finalists||2018 Award Finalists|
|2017 Award Finalists||2016 Award Finalists|
|2015 Award Finalists|