Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The types of personal information we generally collect include your:
• email address;
• mailing or street address;
• telephone number and other contact details;
• credit card information;
• information you provide to us through customer surveys;
• your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, and data, IP address and standard web log information;
• any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; or
• any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
If you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information directly from you whether in person, on the phone or electronically, for example when you:
• register on our website or subscribe to our newsletter;
• communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email and make inquiries;
• provide us with feedback or make a complaint;
• interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
• make a donation or enquire about a potential donation to DAF.
In addition, when you apply for a job or volunteer position with us we may collect certain information from you (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks) from any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our decision on whether or not to offer you a volunteer position, make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract. The Privacy Act contains certain exemptions in relation to certain acts undertaken in relation to employee records and related bodies corporate. Where appropriate we make use of relevant exemptions in the Act.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
• to enable you to access and use our website and services;
• to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
• to process transactions and your donations;
• to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
• to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about our publications and raising awareness about out fundraising activities;
• to administer surveys or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our partners;
• to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with you and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
• to consider your employment application.
DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our service and this may take the form of emails, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
• third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/our business in connection with providing our services to you);
• our volunteers and employees who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you (only to the extent necessary for them to perform their duties to us);
• professional advisers, dealers and agents;
• payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
• anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
• specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
• other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
We may disclose personal information to recipients outside Australia. This may include the following:
• our contracted service providers operating overseas, which are likely to be located in New Zealand, United States and Japan; and
• our fiscal co-sponsors located in the United States and the United Kingdom.
We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We implement a variety of security measures to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information.
For example, we use a secure server. All credit information you provide is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Additionally, after a transaction, your credit card information will not be stored on our servers. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
USING OUR WEBSITE AND COOKIES
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer for the purposes of providing improved service and content based on aggregate or statistical review of such information.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate and would like to request that we correct it, please contact us using the details below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information you may do so by contacting us using the details below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint.
We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
52 Victoria St, Paddington NSW 2021
Phone: +61 (0)2 9397 1473