PUBLISHED16 Nov 2021
Impact and Fundraising 101 Workshop
Three digital workshop sessions for documentary filmmakers and impact producers.
Registrations close 16th March 2022 at 5:00 pm
17th & 21st March 2022
10:00AM - 5:00PM
Explore philanthropy, building partnerships, developing successful impact strategies at our upcoming webinars.
Do you need to raise vital funds for your impact documentary project?
Are you looking to understand the philanthropic landscape and how to secure strategic partners? Or, do you want to workshop your documentary project?
Dr. Mitzi Goldman, will be taking you through how to develop your case for support, key steps in finding philanthropic funders, building relationships and soliciting support.
2 x 2.5-hour webinars on Thursday 17th March
1) Fundraising & philanthropy 101 (10am – 12.30pm AEDT)
An introduction to the world of philanthropy and different fundraising mechanisms, including different fundraising strategies.
2) Defining your Impact strategies & campaigns 101(1:30pm – 4:00pm AEDT)
An introduction to creating impact with documentary, from defining goals, identifying audiences and designing strategy.
2.5 -hour workshop on Monday 21st March
3) Pitching your project (3:00pm – 5:00pm AEDT)*
An opportunity for attendees to develop and deliver their project pitch and receive feedback. This is a great opportunity to tap into a wealth of industry knowledge for all filmmakers.
* Pre-requisite for this workshop is ‘Defining your impact strategies’. Max. 10 participants per pitching workshop, if number are greater the group will be split into two sessions
Attendees will be given an opportunity to deliver their project pitch and receive feedback. This is a great opportunity to tap into a wealth of industry knowledge for all filmmakers.
How It Works:
These workshops are designed to provide those who attend with a number of takeaways essential to developing a successful fundraising and impact campaign. The workshops can be taken individually, but it is recommended filmmakers partake in all three sessions to gain the most benefits, including:
• A clearer understanding and definition of strategy development and campaign design;
• An insight into how to effectively fundraise;
• Demonstrations of effective methods for developing long-lasting partner relationships;
• Demystifying the numerous distribution and marketing platforms that are available;
• Providing tools for developing meaningful and effective impact assessment;
• Giving filmmakers and impact producers an idea of major players in the space
Cost: $75 per session or $200 for all three!
1) Fundraising in the Philanthropic sector;
2) Defining impact strategies;
3) Workshopping your own project.
Email [email protected] for enquiries
”This was an inspiring and informative workshop that gave me a clearer understanding of seeking potential funding.”
“Thank you for nurturing our futures in film making!”
“Mitzi was extremely encouraging and generous with her wisdom.”