PUBLISHED22 Jun 2021
Documentary Australia Foundation is Hiring
Documentary Australia Foundation is looking for a new Development Manager to join our organisation.
Do you want to help create change through storytelling?
Documentary Australia Foundations is looking for a socially conscious and dynamic individual to join our team. You would be responsible for the acquisition of donors, the implementation of our fundraising strategy and the development of relationships with philanthropists and corporate partners.
If you are interested please see the information below and send your cover letter and C.V. to [email protected]
Application close on the 30th of September 2021.
Employment Status: 3-4 days a week
About the Role: The Development Manager is joining a team of eight and will be responsible for donor acquisition, retention and stewardship. You will develop the organisation’s philanthropic pipeline and drive its implementation to deliver growth against the planned budget. Taking a collaborative approach, you will also assist the CEO to identify, approach and confirm corporate partners and explore workplace giving for the organisation.
We seek a dynamic, inspired individual who is able to build cases for support for both philanthropic and corporate partnerships and who is able to showcase and convey the impact of the activities and purpose of Documentary Australia Foundation.
You will have the knowledge and experience to create and implement a long term fundraising strategy, working with and assisting other members of the team where required.
• Develop and implement a strategy for existing, lapsed and new major donors.
• Maintain and grow an active pipeline of prospects for major donors
• Develop a strategy to acquire a small portfolio of corporate partners and secure ongoing donations through workplace giving programs
• Assist grants team in selected grant proposals and reporting
• Responsible for the maintenance and updating of the CRM database (preferably with Salesforce experience) with effective management of donor and partner communication
• Identify and secure new potential partnerships of shared value
• Prepare key presentations and write reports and cases for support
• Plan and host events with the CEO, to attract and retain both donors and partners
• Ability to strategically assess opportunities against organisational capacity
• Leadership – provide positive and professional leadership.
• Undertake sector analysis focusing on the development of new programs in line with the strategic focus of DAF
• Identify, and develop business/corporate and non-profit relationships that are aligned with the core capabilities and vision of DAF, and that support and grow the delivery of DAF programs. • Identify new opportunities for growth within existing DAF programs in conjunction with the Impact Director and the CEO
• Keep up to date on fundraising best practice and sector trends
Key Experience and Knowledge Areas:
•A proven track record of success in major gifts and experience in high net worth fundraising and donor relationship management
• Knowledge of the not for profit and the philanthropic sector
• Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
• Interest in and engagement with key social issues
• Experience and knowledge of Salesforce CRM
• Experience in working in a small collaborative team in a horizontal structure
• Superior interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
• Excellent planning and time management skills and the ability to multi task and priorities • Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in similar fundraising position
• Experience in grant writing and reporting
• Knowledge of corporate and workplace giving programs
• Donor acquisition experience, successfully converting leads into major gifts
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Collaborative nature and a strong team player
• Strong interpersonal skills – a “people person”
• Passion, dedication, authenticity
• Confident and strategic thinker
• Proactive initiative – manages own time to achieve key outcomes
If you are interested please send your cover letter and C.V. to [email protected]
Application close on the 22nd of July 2021.